A Chowhound staffer described these one-bite party appetizers as everything a sour cream and onion potato chip wants to be. Still warm, topped with a dollop of cool, tangy sour cream and a sprinkling of oniony chives, they’re the perfect coffee table nibble. Serve as part of a mixed hors d’oeuvre party, with Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp with Smoked Paprika and Fig Jam and Goat Cheese Crostini.
- Yield: 6 to 8 appetizer-sized servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 1 hr 15 mins
- Active: 15 mins
- 24 ounces small potatoes (about 24 potatoes), scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 1 bunch chives, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. With a fork, prick each potato once. Toss with the olive oil and half the salt and spread the potatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes until done, about 40 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes. With a paring knife, cut a 1/2-inch-deep “x” in the top of each potato.
- Sprinkle the remaining salt over the cut potatoes; top each with a small dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle with the minced chives and serve.