When it comes to healthy dips and spreads, hummus gets all of the love and attention. But it’s the mighty lentil that packs a higher protein punch with less fat and calories per serving. The simple, albeit delicious recipe from Baba Cool‘s executive chef Gabriella Mann highlights the velvety texture of the legume as it’s paired with refreshing mint, lemon juice, and garlic. Subtle notes of nutmeg round out the dish to create an appetizer that’s perfect for any summer gathering.
- Total: 10 min
- Active: 10 min
- 1 quart cooked lentils
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, minced (and 3 full leaves for garnishing)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with mint & drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with a selection of beautiful radishes and heirloom carrots