Tart kiwis are an excellent fruit to muddle into a cocktail, especially when offset with a sweet, fruity liqueur like peach. Gently crush the kiwis to release their juice, add the rest of the ingredients, strain into a glass, and top with sparkling wine.
What to buy: Avoid budget peach schnapps for this recipe and try a brand with a true peachy flavor, like Stirrings or Briottet Crème de Pêche peach liqueur.
- Yields: 1 drink
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 1 ounce peach liqueur
- 1/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 medium kiwi, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces dry sparkling wine, such as Prosecco
- Fill a rocks glass with ice and set aside.
- Place the peach liqueur, lime juice, and kiwi in a cocktail shaker and gently muddle until the kiwi releases its juice.
- Add the vodka and fill the shaker halfway with ice. Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosty. Strain into the prepared glass, add the sparkling wine, and gently stir to combine.