Georgia is well known for the subtle blends of herbs in its khmeli-suneli, which is used liberally to flavor kharchio, a thick, stewlike soup made from beef, lamb, or chicken. In Georgia, the pale gold to light brown mix can be purchased in many variations.
- Yield: 1 cup
- Total: 5 mins
- Active: 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 2 tablespoons dried summer savory
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoons dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried ground marigold petals
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek seeds
- 2 crushed bay leaves
- Combine 2 tablespoons dried marjoram, 2 tablespoons dried dill, 2 tablespoons dried summer savory, 2 tablespoons dried mint, 2 tablespoons dried parsley, 2 tablespoons ground coriander, 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves, 2 teaspoons dried ground marigold petals, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek seeds, and 2 crushed bay leaves.
Note: Most of these herbs can be found at gourmet and ethnic markets, as well as online. You can find summer savory at Amazon.com.