In their earliest versions, Cobblers and Fixes were wine-based drinks shaken with ice. Over time, they have come to include any number of spirits and mixers served over crushed or cracked ice. The only real distinction is that a Cobbler is 12 ounces, and a Fix, which appeared later in the 20th century, is 8 ounces.
This drink was featured as part of our St. Patty’s Day Recipes photo gallery.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 thin lime slice, for garnish
- 1 thin orange slice, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons Irish Mist
- Add the simple syrup, whiskey, and lemon juice to a chilled highball glass.
- Fill with cracked ice and stir well.
- Garnish with lime and orange, and float the Irish Mist on top.