In this recipe, raw nuts are cooked in honey, making them truly honey roasted.
Special equipment: A reliable candy/fat thermometer is crucial for getting an accurate read on the honey.
This recipe was featured as part of our Supercharge with Superfoods photo gallery.
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Difficulty: Medium
- Total: 35 mins, plus cooling time
- Active: 35 mins
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 1 cup whole raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup whole raw sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray both the pan and the paper with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat honey in a medium saucepan over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240°F, about 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and cook until the thermometer reaches 305°F, about 20 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, pour onto the lined baking sheet, and let cool to room temperature. Place in the refrigerator until hard, about 10 minutes more. Break into bite-size pieces and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.