This is a smoothie with a secret: a handful of fresh spinach leaves, a powerful source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber (in addition to the blueberries’ fiber and antioxidants) that provide tons of nutrition without tasting that way. It’s great for adults and kids alike. Serve with a spoon and scoop of Granola for a more filling, crunchy treat.
- Yield: 2 smoothies
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes
- To a blender jar, add the milk, yogurt, blueberries, banana, spinach, nutmeg, and honey. Blend on high until all ingredients are smooth and well combined.
- Add the ice and blend to get a smooth consistency. Pour into glasses and serve.