Shiso delicious, shiso pretty.
- 2 tablespoons green tea leaves
- 8 large red shiso leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups boiling water
- Cherries and sliced apricots
- Combine 2 tablespoons green tea leaves, 8 large red shiso leaves, the juice of 1 lemon, and 3/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Add 3 cups boiling water, stir to dissolve the sugar, and steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain into a shallow metal pan and cool. Freeze for about 1 hour, until the mixture begins to freeze around the edges. Use a fork to break up the ice crystals. Return to the freezer and continue to scrape crystals with a fork occasionally until the mixture is frozen and grainy, about 5 hours.
- Scoop into serving bowls and serve topped with cherries and sliced apricots.