Super simple and incredible flavorful, these one-bite stuffed pepper appetizers are very addictive. If you can’t find the Spanish marcona almonds in your supermarket or specialty food store, simply roast raw, skinned almonds with a little olive oil and coarse salt until golden. Find Peppadews at the olive bar of well-stocked markets, or in the grocery aisle next to the jarred olives. Serve with glasses of dry rosé or Barcelona-style gin and tonics.
Make-ahead note: Prepare these up to 4 hours in advance, sprinkling with oregano, black pepper, and drizzling with oil at the last minute.
- Yields: 6 to 8 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 mins
- Active: 15 mins
- 4 ounces chèvre (fresh goat cheese), at room temperature
- 15 to 20 Peppadew peppers, halved
- 1/2 cups marcona almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange the peppers on a serving platter. Using a spoon or a zipper-top plastic bag with the corner clipped, fill the peppers with goat cheese.
- Set an almond into each pepper sprinkling the rest on the plate. Before serving, sprinkle with oregano leaves and black pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.