The Girl Scout Cookie cocktail is one of numerous liquid confections that attempt to simulate a favorite foodstuff. In this recipe the combination of peppermint schnapps, crème de cacao, and cream succeeds in impersonating the Thin Mint cookies sold by the Girl Scouts.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Difficuly: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 3/4 ounce peppermint schnapps
- 3/4 ounce dark crème de cacao
- 1/2 ounce heavy cream
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice and place it in the freezer to chill.
- Place the schnapps, crème de cacao, and cream in a cocktail shaker. Add ice to fill the shaker halfway, cover, and shake until the outside is frosted, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into the chilled glass.
Almond Joy: Substitute amaretto for the peppermint schnapps.
Chocolate Cake: Substitute 1/2 ounce each of Frangelico and vodka for the peppermint schnapps and crème de cacao.