For this delicious falafel salad recipe, falafel combines with cherry tomatoes, feta, and pita chips in tahini-lemon dressing.
Game plan: Make a batch of Classic Falafel before you begin.
This recipe is featured on our Summer of Clean Eating channel.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 25 mins, plus falafel making time
- Active: 25 mins
For the dressing:
- 6 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 recipe Classic Falafel (see intro for link)
- About 6 cups chopped hearts of romaine
- 1 small English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup roughly broken pita chips
- Prepare the falafel as directed.
- To make the dressing, put the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and a pinch of salt into an airtight jar; close the jar and shake vigorously. Add the olive oil and shake again. Thin with water until pourable, if necessary. Set aside.
- Place the salad greens in a wide, shallow salad bowl, drizzle with a little dressing, and toss to coat. Scatter with the cucumber, tomatoes, green onion, and feta. Top with falafel and crumbled pita chips. Serve, passing additional dressing on the side.