Banana pancakes are the answer to your spotty, browning bananas on the kitchen counter. In fact, the riper they are, the sweeter they taste. Make these on a Saturday or Sunday morning and your family will cheer. Or at least grin while their mouths are full.
For more morning banana treats, see our healthy banana smoothie recipe.
- Yields: 14 to 16 pancakes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 45 mins
- Active: 30
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 ¼ cup)
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
- Measure out the milk in another large bowl and add the eggs, olive oil and mashed bananas. Whisk until well combined.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients while whisking to avoid any large lumps. Once well combined, stop whisking to avoid overworking the batter.
- Over a buttered medium-hot griddle, skillet, or pan, pour a serving and flip once the top starts to bubble up. Repeat until all pancakes are made.
- Serve with slice bananas and maple syrup.