Tartar sauce is mandatory for many fish dishes, but especially for Fish and Chips. This version results in a fresh, slightly chunky dipping sauce that will make you wonder why you ever bothered with the jarred stuff.
- Yields: 3/4 cup
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins, plus chilling time
- Active: 10 mins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill, tarragon, or flat-leaf parsley
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Let chill at least 1 hour and up to 3 days ahead.