Cranberries aren’t just for Thanksgiving. This conserve can be enjoyed any time of year.
- Yield: 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 4 hrs
- Active: 30 mins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest (from about 1 medium orange)
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and medium dice (about 3 cups)
- Place the walnuts, orange juice, and zest in large heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Place the cranberries, jelly, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the apples and continue to simmer until the cranberries start to pop, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the hot cranberry mixture over the walnut mixture and stir to combine. Cool to room temperature, then store in an airtight container until ready to serve.