Add a bit of heat to your next Tequila Sunrise by using your own chile-infused tequila. We also love this fiery tequila from Public Restaurant in New York City in a Red Chile–Guava Margarita.
What to buy: Look for small, dried red chile peppers; if you can’t find them, substitute fresh serranos.
This recipe was featured as part of our DIY Holiday Gifts Advent Calendar.
- Yield: 1 (750-milliliter) bottle
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins, plus 1 to 2 days for infusing
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 6 small, dried red chiles, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle 100 percent agave tequila
- Place red chiles in tequila. Allow to infuse for 1 to 2 days.