Move over Mike’s Hot Honey and Bees Knees Spicy Honey, you can make your own chile-infused honey. It’s only the hottest new condiment, that’s all. Drizzle it over pizza, ribs, chicken, fruit, and even vanilla ice cream.
Your chile-infused honey would be great on this Roasted Pepper and Spicy Sausage Grilled Pizza recipe.
- Yield: 1 cup
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 1 hr
- Active: 10 mins
- 3 fresh Thai or Fresno chile, sliced
- 8 ounces pure local honey
- Slice the chiles and add them to a small sauce pan. Be sure to wear gloves while slicing the chiles. Otherwise, wash your hands well before touching your face and eyes.
- Pour the honey on top to make sure the chiles are covered. Bring the honey to a bare simmer over medium-low heat. Reduce heat to low and let it cook slowly for 1 hour to infuse.
- Taste the honey and adjust the heat with more honey or another sliced chili, remove from the stove, and let it sit 30 minutes.
- Transfer it to a small jar and strain. Cover and keep it chilled for up to 3 months.