Make this quick recipe to top ice cream or pancakes, or eat the pears on their own.
Game plan: You can make this recipe with any number of fruits, from apples to pineapple.
This recipe was featured as part of our Family-Friendly Party Done Right photo gallery.
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 medium Bosc pears, cored and cut into large dice (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. When it foams, sprinkle sugar over top and cook until bubbling and dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Add pears and cook, stirring rarely, until mixture is caramelized and pears just begin to release their juices. Gently fold in cloves and serve.