Game plan: This version is rated milchig and can be eaten with dairy meals only; it can be served warm, room temperature, or cold.
- Yield: 8 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 25 mins, plus 1 hr baking time
- 8 ounces egg noodles (yolk-free noodles can be used)
- 8 ounces low-fat cottage cheese (1 cup)
- 8 ounces low-fat sour cream (1 cup)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted margarine (1/2 stick), melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for cooking the pasta
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the noodles, stir, and cook until al dente or according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Place the cottage cheese, sour cream, margarine, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and measured salt in a large bowl and whisk until evenly combined. Add the noodles and stir until incorporated. Pour the mixture into a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and spread into an even layer. Pour the milk all over the top of the noodle mixture.
- Bake until golden brown on top, about 1 hour.