For these rich brownie ice cream parfaits, crumbled brownie pieces are layered with ice cream, fresh raspberries, and whipped cream. You will likely have more brownies than you need for the parfaits; they can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week or wrapped tightly and stored in the freezer for up to 1 month. You’ll need to make a batch of Easy Whipped Cream right before you assemble the parfaits.
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 1 hr
- Active: 30 mins
- ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cups cake flour
- ¼ cup natural cocoa powder
- 3 pints fresh raspberries
- 1 quart ice cream (vanilla, chocolate, caramel), softened slightly
- Whipped cream (see note)
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and line it with foil. Grease the foil.
- In a saucepan, warm the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring often, just until melted. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugars. Whisk in the eggs slowly, beating well. Whisk in the vanilla and salt.
- Sift the flour and cocoa over the chocolate mixture and, using a rubber spatula, stir in until just blended. Pour into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost completely clean with a few moist crumbs attached, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes in the dish, then remove from the dish using the foil to lift them out; let cool completely on a wire rack.
- To assemble the parfaits: crumble chunks of brownie into small pieces and layer in the bottom of a glass or jar. Top with a layer of ice cream then a layer of raspberries. Repeat the layers. Top with whipped cream and serve.