- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound beef or lamb stir-fry strips
For the tahini sauce:
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley
For the onion relish:
- 1 diced sweet or red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon ground allspice, and salt and pepper to taste. Marinate 1 pound beef or lamb stir-fry strips in the mixture at least 2 hours and up to overnight, refrigerated.
- Prepare tahini sauce by blending 1 cup tahini with 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, 2 to 3 cloves garlic, the leaves of 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, and about 1 cup water, enough to make a thin, creamy consistency.
- Prepare an onion relish by combining 1 diced sweet or red onion, 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley, and 1 tablespoon ground sumac.
- Drain the meat, then grill or broil it and serve in pita breads, topped with the tahini sauce and onion relish.
Photograph courtesy of Shutterstock.