Adobo seasoning exists in many forms in Mexico, the Caribbean, and, with the same name but different flavors, in the Philippines. Use adobo to season guacamole, tacos, chili meat, or beans. Commercial adobo usually contains MSG.
- Yield: About 1 cup
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano (preferably Mexican)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Combine 1/4 cup sweet paprika, 3 tablespoons ground black pepper, 2 tablespoons onion powder, 2 tablespoons dried oregano (preferably Mexican), 2 tablespoons ground cumin, 1 tablespoon chipotle chile powder, and 1 tablespoon garlic powder.