This recipe and photo were created by contributor Kelli Dunn of The Corner Kitchen. Learn more about Kelli and this recipe by checking out her accompanying post, and check out her Greatist bio on our About Page.
Before you break out the Guinness and Jameson, start your St. Patty's Day celebration with a solid breakfast...like my Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Burrito. You won't find artificially colored eggs here: Instead. my take on this fun dish combines fluffy scrambled eggs and crispy pancetta, topped with bright green pesto, and rolled tight in a whole-wheat tortilla.
Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast Burrito
What You'll Need:
1/4 cup pancetta, diced
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons pesto
2 whole wheat tortillas
Fresh ground pepper
What to Do:
- Heat a small sauté pan over low heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook until lightly crisp, about 12-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk until well combined and pale yellow. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture to the pan. Let the eggs cook without stirring for a minute or two.
- As the eggs start to set, use a wooden spoon to move the eggs around the pan, forming large curds. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the eggs set to desired doneness, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain and discard the oil from the pancetta. Add the meat to the scrambled eggs and mix together.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto across each tortilla. Divide the egg mixture among each tortilla, and roll burrito.
Also check it: 34 Healthy Breakfasts for Mornings on the Run