Before you break out the Guinness and Jameson, start your St. Patty's Day celebration with a solid breakfast...like my Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Burrito. You won't find artificially colored eggs here: Instead. my take on this fun dish combines fluffy scrambled eggs and crispy pancetta, topped with bright green pesto, and rolled tight in a whole-wheat tortilla.
What You'll Need:
1/4 cup pancetta, diced
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons pesto
2 whole wheat tortillas
Fresh ground pepper
What to Do:
- Heat a small sauté pan over low heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook until lightly crisp, about 12-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk until well combined and pale yellow. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture to the pan. Let the eggs cook without stirring for a minute or two.
- As the eggs start to set, use a wooden spoon to move the eggs around the pan, forming large curds. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the eggs set to desired doneness, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain and discard the oil from the pancetta. Add the meat to the scrambled eggs and mix together.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto across each tortilla. Divide the egg mixture among each tortilla, and roll burrito.
Also check it: 34 Healthy Breakfasts for Mornings on the Run