Not only green and satisfying, this meal also takes minimal effort to prepare. It's full of healthy, clean ingredients like quinoa and avocado. Although it calls for mushrooms and pine nuts, you could add any additional veggies or nuts you like.
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Sea salt
- 1 avocado
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, cut into small chunks
- Lemon juice (optional)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 pound mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss broccoli and garlic with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until beginning to brown. Set 1/2 cup broccoli aside.
- Add remaining broccoli, garlic, avocado, Parmesan, and remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil to a blender, and blend until a smooth puree is formed. Taste and season with salt. Stir in lemon juice, if desired.
- Mix 1/2 cup broccoli pesto and reserved broccoli florets into cooked quinoa. (Save any leftover pesto in the fridge for another use.)
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add nuts to dry pan and toast, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant and beginning to turn golden brown. Remove from pan and add to quinoa.
- Add butter to the same frying pan and let it melt. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add to salad and serve warm.