We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Greatist only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Does eczema have you down in the pits? Lots of folks who have eczema or other skin conditions experience flare-ups in their underarm area.
This can make shopping for deodorant a total downer. But don’t worry! We’ve got your pits covered with the best deodorants for eczema.
The 12 best deodorants for eczema
Here are the top 12 deodorants for all your sensitive skin concerns:
- Best overall: Dove Advanced Care Sensitive Antiperspirant Deodorant
- Best sport: Vanicream Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Clinical Strength
- Best scented: Secret Aluminum-Free Deodorant with Essential Oils
- Best natural: Ursa Major Hoppin’ Fresh Deodorant
- Best long lasting: Tom’s of Maine Long Lasting Aluminum-Free Natural Deodorant
- Best eco-friendly: Bai-Li Natural Deodorant
- Best paste: Drunk Elephant Sweet Pitti Deodorant Cream
- Best moisturizing: Hello Fragrance-Free Deodorant with Shea Butter
- Best luxury: Aesop Spray Deodorant
- Best unscented: NATIVE Unscented Sensitive Deodorant
- Best men’s natural: Briogeo B. Well Tea Tree + Eucalyptus Clean Natural Deodorant
- Best men’s for dry skin: Old Spice GentleMan’s Blend Antiperspirant Deodorant
Folks with sensitive skin know ingredients matter, like, A LOT. We picked products that contain moisturizing ingredients to help soothe dry, scaling, cracked, or irritable skin. We also tried to avoid products that contain known irritants like metals, formaldehyde, parabens, unnatural fragrances, and alcohol (ethanol).
We also factored in:
- customer reviews
- sustainable packaging
This price guide will help you pick the best deodorant for your skin and your budget.
- $ = under $10
- $$ = $10–$15
- $$$ = $15.01–$20
- $$$$ = over $20
Best overall: Dove Advanced Care Sensitive Antiperspirant Deodorant
This antiperspirant formula was designed with sensitive skin in mind by keeping the drying power of aluminum without the irritation. It’s made with one-quarter moisturizers and is alcohol- and fragrance-free. That means it won’t sting any scaly eczema patches and is safe to use right after shaving.
PSA: Again, this deodorant does contain aluminum, which can be irritating. But many people swear the moisturizers help ward off irritation for smooth, stink-free pits.
Not all deodorants are designed for a hardcore sweat sesh. But this one is, thanks to its clinical-strength formula. It contains no botanical extracts, which is great news for folks who have severe skin sensitivity. While it does contain aluminum, it doesn’t have any preservatives, fragrances, or dyes.
Best scented: Secret Aluminum-Free Deodorant with Essential Oils
If you want to smell like a garden, this blend of lavender and lemon will keep your pits protected without the irritating aluminum. It’s also crafted with essential oils as its main fragrance and uses tapioca starch to absorb sweat. Despite its fab fragrance, it’s free from parabens and dyes.
Best natural: Ursa Major Hoppin’ Fresh Deodorant
This deodorant is formulated with 25 naturally derived ingredients to stave off stench and soothe sensitive skin. And you don’t have to worry about any unsavory ingredients — it’s aluminum-, fragrance-, paraben-, and cruelty-free.
Best long lasting: Tom’s of Maine Long Lasting Aluminum-Free Natural Deodorant
This no-nonsense stick offers odor protection without aluminum. We also love that it’s vegan and free from artificial preservatives.
FYI: It comes in eight different scents (including unscented).
Best eco-friendly: Bai-Li Natural Deodorant
Pamper your pits with this luscious stick. It’s a bomb blend of shea butter, coconut oil, candelilla wax, and essential oils. The plastic-free packaging is shipped in a 100 percent recycled padded envelope. You also get to choose from among five different fragrance blends.
Pro tip: They offer a monthly subscription.
Best paste: Drunk Elephant Sweet Pitti Deodorant Cream
Get ready to meet your dream cream. This deodorant will soothe stressed skin while keeping B.O. at bay. It has mandelic acid, which is known to kill bacteria without harshing your skin’s vibe. It also contains a concentrated shea butter that can bolster your skin barrier.
Best moisturizing: Hello Fragrance-Free Deodorant with Shea Butter
This fragrance-free stick is free from parabens, aluminum, talc, baking soda, and dyes. The arrowroot powder helps absorb moisturizer while the shea butter keeps your skin hella hydrated.
Bonus: It’s vegan, and the packaging is 100 percent recyclable.
Best luxury: Aesop Spray Deodorant
Want designer armpits? Try this spendy spray from Aesop. It’s formulated with essential oils and zinc ricinoleate to help mask odor without drying you out. Reviewers love the signature earthy scent.
Best unscented: NATIVE Unscented Sensitive Deodorant
This unscented stick is all about the coconuts. It’s formulated with caprylic triglycerides, an oil that’s derived from coconuts. It also contains coconut oil, which is rich in fatty acids that can replenish moisture. And unlike some other natural deodorants, it won’t leave a gritty residue behind.
This plant-based pit stick is 99 percent naturally derived. The tea tree oil boasts natural antimicrobial properties. While this might not help you ditch the itch 10/10, it might chill out your pits a bit. It also contains coconut water to help calm cranky skin.
Best for dry skin: Old Spice GentleMan’s Blend Deodorant
Get ready for odor and sweat protection without aluminum, dyes, parabens, or heavy perfumes. The wild sage scent is super soothing and gender-neutral. Peeps also love that it contains aloe, which can help keep your skin hydrated and might reduce redness and irritation.
When shopping for the deodorant of your dreams, look for products that contain eczema-friendly ingredients like these:
- Shea butter. This emollient can help repair skin and prevent future flaking.
- Mandelic acid. When used correctly, this acid can kill bad bacteria without irritating sensitive skin.
- Tea tree oil. Studies show this oil has natural anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. So it might help reduce irritation and itching.
Here are some ingredients to avoid:
- Metals. Certain metals like aluminum and nickel in antiperspirants can trigger contact dermatitis.
- Formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a common preservative in roll-on deodorants. Not only can it irritate your skin, but it’s also been linked to cancer.
- Alcohol (ethanol). Alcohol can make for a great disinfectant, but it can zap the moisture from your skin, which can lead to flakiness, redness, and itching.
- Unnatural fragrances. Steer clear of artificial perfumes or fragrances. They’re the most commonly cited ingredients that cause eczema outbreaks, according to the National Eczema Association.