We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Greatist only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
It seems like everyone has hopped on the CBD train, and for good reason. Cannabidiol (CBD) touts soothing benefits that nix the high and many legal issues of its Cannabis sibling tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
That’s why we wrangled three must-have products from one of the more prominent brands out there, GoGreen Hemp.
As one of the early CBD brands, GoGreen Hemp was founded in 2016 and is headquartered in Florida. The company offers a variety of CBD products that boast quality, and it has maintained zero safety warning letters from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
CBD products in general have a big buffet of potential uses, which research shows may help pain, eczema, and even mental health. GoGreen Hemp has products that may help all of these areas.
To process its CBD, the brand uses nano-emulsion formulations for nano tinctures and softgels, which studies show may increase bioavailability. In nonlab speak this basically means they process the CBD in a way that helps your body absorb more CBD.
And, the brand uses a CO2 extraction process on its hemp powder to remove all the THC (plus wax, chlorophyll, and plant pigments). This doesn’t leave potentially harmful chemicals lurking in your CBD.
- They’re transparent AF. From their processing and extracting techniques to what they put into their products, GoGreen really holds nothing back. All their products are third-party tested for potency and purity. Plus, GoGreen Hemp goes as far as to share the results of those tests via a QR code they put on every product. Testing is conducted bi-monthly and the results are updated accordingly.
- Their hemp is born (grown) in the USA. Why does that matter? Because it means the company is subject to certain standardized (and legal) farming practices, including those outlined in the 2018 Farm Bill.
- The product selection is V diverse. Don’t like to consume CBD? No problem. There’s a massage oil for that. GoGreen Hemp also offers gummies, skin care, and goodies for your furry friends. They even make CBD pellets for livestock 🐮.
- Their products are not certified organic. GoGreen Hemp does use certified organic hemp grown in Colorado to source their CBD. But, the rest of the ingredients in their products don’t have the certified organic seal of approval.
- All their products are broad-spectrum. For CBD noobs, that means their products contain zero THC but almost every other compound found in the hemp plant. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing if broad-spectrum is your thing. However, some may prefer a CBD isolate product which contains only CBD and no other cannabinoids.
- While their products are safe, not all the ingredients are super healthy. While “healthy” food choices can be up for debate, some may find things like corn syrup and artificial flavors objectionable.
With so many GoGreen Hemp products, you could spend a lot of time narrowing down your selection. To help you out, we’ve narrowed down our top three favorites for a range of CBD preferences.
- $ = under $40
- $$ = over $40
1. GoGreen Hemp Peppermint Tincture
CBD per serving: 8.3 milligrams (mg)
Total CBD: 250 mg
Formulated with organic peppermint oil, MCT (coconut) oil, CBD oil, and stevia extract, this tincture has relatively clean ingredients. GoGreen recommends this product for an everyday wellness boost and stress reliever.
It’s also pretty tasty, and could make a great addition to coffee, a smoothie, or even ice cream. Just make sure you use the recommended amount.
Buy GoGreen Hemp Peppermint Tincture online.
2. GoGreen Hemp Melatonin Softgels for Sleep
CBD per serving: 25 mg
Total CBD: 750 mg
These sleep capsules offer a more natural alternative to other sleep aids, with an added snooze-inducing boost from melatonin and Roman chamomile oil.
Vegans take note: this product does contain bovine-derived gelatin.
Buy GoGreen Hemp Melatonin Softgels for Sleep online.
3. GoGreen Hemp CBD Balm Salve, Eucalyptus & Lavender
CBD per serving: N/A
Total CBD: 1000 mg
Infused with cooling eucalyptus and calming lavender, GoGreen Hemp CBD Balm Salve offers topical relief that just might aid your aches and pains. It’s also pretty much all-natural with a base made from beeswax and MCT oil.
Just let it soak in before you sit on any furniture, it could stain.
Buy GoGreen Hemp CBD Balm Salve, Eucalyptus & Lavender online.
We’re pretty picky when it comes to the products we recommend, and we only choose brands that meet our standards for safety, quality, and transparency.
To receive Greatist approval, CBD products must:
- be made from USA-grown hemp
- undergo third-party testing by an iso 17205-compliant lab
- contain no more than 0.3 percent THC
- pass tests for safe levels of pesticides, heavy metals, and molds (some will contain trace amounts)
Beyond that, we also take into consideration:
- the overall ingredient quality
- product potency
- company certifications
- manufacturing methods
Plus, consumer trust and brand reputation is *huge*. FDA warning letters are a big red flag, as are any false health claims or consistently negative customer reviews.
If you’re just setting out on your big, bold CBD adventure, it’s best to keep a few things in mind.
- Read the label for concentration and dosage. You want to get your money’s worth without going overboard.
- Check the ingredients. As with anything you put in or on your body, make sure to read the ingredients for anything you might find questionable or be allergic to.
- Always check third-party testing. You want to make sure what you’re using passes safety and standards testing.
GoGreen Hemp also has a handy quiz to help you figure out your go-to CBD.
It probably goes without saying that you shouldn’t eat a salve or try to rub a CBD gummy on your sore calves. But if you’re not sure how to consume or apply CBD, check the label.
About 25 mg is generally a good starting point for broad-spectrum CBD products, but always consult your product’s label for more specific dosing recommendations.
A word on dosage
You’ve probably read this adage before, but the rule still applies: start low, go slow.
Just because broad-spectrum CBD products aren’t psychoactive doesn’t mean you should go ham, especially if you’re new to cannabinoids.
The truth is, everyone responds to CBD differently and some products are assimilated into the body more efficiently than others.
The short answer: yes. While there are currently no drug therapies containing CBD that are approved by the FDA, it is generally considered safe.
Some studies even indicate that CBD is safer than more mainstream medical treatments for certain medical conditions.
That being said, the science of CBD is still very young. We need more time and research to fully understand CBD’s safety. If you’re curious but cautious about trying CBD, ask your doctor before taking the plunge.
CBD side effects
The potential side effects of CBD are generally mild and can include:
The best way to skirt any side effects is to follow the manufacturer’s dosing instructions to a T. And, it’s always a good move to chat with your doc, just to make sure you’re not at any increased risk.
Generally, one could say that it couldn’t hurt to try CBD as part of your wellness routine, especially with broad-spectrum products that contain no THC.
Just make sure to do your research, and make sure to consult your doctor, especially if you take any medications or have an underlying health condition. And always start low and slow.