This isn’t the sad, saccharine drink from those childhood stands: We blended in fresh watermelon to complement the tart lemon juice. “Watermelemonade” is fun to say, more fun to drink, and even better spiked. As for non-drinkers, this is just as refreshing without the booze—try it with a splash of club soda.
Spiked Watermelon Lemonade
Recipe by: Rebecca Firkser
Makes: 6-8 servings
​Ready in: 10 minutes
5 cups cubed watermelon
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup vodka
Sliced lemon and watermelon, for serving
1. Place watermelon, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a blender and purée until smooth.
2. Set up a fine mesh sieve over a large liquid measuring cup. Pour watermelon mixture through the sieve.
3. Fill a large pitcher with ice. Pour strained watermelon mixture into the pitcher.
4. Stir vodka into the watermelon mixture.
5. Serve with sliced lemon and watermelon.