If you’re anything like us, you can’t get enough of those crispy, boing-y, spicy curly fries served in most diners. Guess what? You can replicate the supremely satisfying strings with a spiralizer! Now when we’re craving a fix, we give those massive potatoes in our kitchen a quick spin, toss them in tons of spices, and bake until crispy. While this works great with regular potatoes, we used sweet potatoes in this recipe for an extra boost of flavor.
Baked Spiralized Sweet Potato Curly Fries
Recipe by: Rebecca Firkser
Makes: 4-6 servings, as a side
Ready in: 45 minutes
3 large sweet potatoes
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Scrub potatoes and slice using the thickest noodle setting of a spiralizer. Place on baking sheet.
3. Combine paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and toss to coat.
5. Pour spice mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat.
6. Bake 30-35 minutes, tossing every 10-15 minutes.