We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Of course, you wanna gift the chocolate fanatic in your life with all the cacao. But one of those drugstore sampler boxes doesn’t exactly scream, “I put thought into this!” These cool, unique, delicious chocolate gifts definitely do.
- Best chocolate gift tower: Ghirardelli Dark and Milk Chocolate Tower
- Softest chocolate cake ball: Milk Bar Chocolate B’Day Cake Truffle Dozen Box
- Best health-conscious chocolate smoothie: Sweet Nothings Spoonable Chocolate Smoothie
- Best subscription box for chocolate lovers: Raaka First Nibs Three Bar Subscription
- Best gift for science geeks with a sweet tooth: Martin’s Chocolatier Luxury Chocolate Planets
- Best fudge ice cream topping: COOP’s Microcreamery Hot Fudge
- Best chocolate tea: Republic of Teas Cuppa Chocolate Tea Assortment
- Most unconventionally shaped chocolate: L.A. Burdick Chocolate Mice Sampler
- Best chocolate sampler not shaped like a heart: Dylan’s Candy Bar Chocolate Lovers Tackle Box
- Best chocolate variety pack: Harry and David Chest of Chocolates
- Best hot chocolate kit for gifting: Verve Culture Mexican Hot Chocolate Gift Set
- Best hot cocoa stick: Popbar Hot Chocolate Sticks
- Sexiest hot cocoa kit: Moon Juice Cosmic Cocoa
- Best vegan frozen chocolate dessert: NadaMoo! Organic Chocolate Frozen Dessert
- Best salty and sweet chocolate popcorn: Popinsanity Caramel Chocolate Drizzle Gourmet Popcorn
- Best rainbow chocolate: Bang Candy Rainbow Chocolate Bark
- Best classic chocolate gift: Hershey’s S’mores Kit
- Most adventurous chocolate gift: jcoco Tasting Experience Box
- Best chocolate-scented candle: Milwaukee Candle Co. Third Ward Java Dark Chocolate Soy Candle
- Best edible chocolate candle: Let Them Eat Candles Edible Chocolate Candles
- Best Band-Aid solution: Choc-Aid Milk Chocolate
- Best chocolate body scrub: frank body Cacao Coffee Scrub
- Best chocolate milk for grown-ups: La Colombe Draft Chocolate Milk
- Best spicy chocolate: Harry & David Chocolate Covered Jalapeños
- Best chocolate-y skin care: Farmhouse Fresh Sundae Best Chocolate Softening Mask with CoQ10
- Best gift for all types of chocolate lovers: Seattle Chocolate Moon Rocks Truffle Bar
When you’re going to the truffle to choose a chocolate gift for that special person in your life, it’s important to choc your sources.
To build our list, we factored in:
- Price. Not all gifting budgets are the same. We included gifts in four different price ranges because everyone deserves to be spoiled with chocolate.
- Dietary restrictions. We wanted to make sure everyone, regardless of dietary restriction, can get the chocolate they deserve. And there are some legen-dairy plant-based chocolates out there.
- Customer reviews. We put one ear to the ground and chose products with positive reviews and even some with cult followings.
- Vetted products only. We put all of our edible recs through a thorough vetting process to make sure brands aren’t making any unsupported health claims or doing anything sus. We also make sure the active ingredients actually do what the brand says they do and that all allergens are listed.
- $ = under $11
- $$ = $11–$25
- $$$ = $26–$40
- $$$$ = over $40
Partner, sibling, best friend, new flame, pandemic bubble buddy — whatever. No matter what role that special someone plays, if they worship at the altar of the great cocoa bean, there’s something for them here. Let’s talk choc.
Best all-in-one gift for chocolate lovers
This tower brings together milk and dark chocolate along with hot cocoa mix, cookies, pretzels, and popcorn in a stackable gift box. A dream for the person who wants a little bit of everything and for all of it to include chocolate.
Like cake balls but a million times better
If chocolate Funfetti cake and crunchy chocolate cookies had babies, these truffles would be the mouthwatering results. Since there are 12 of these ultrarich truffles in a box, you *might* be able to convince your person to share.
For health-conscious chocolate lovers
You’d never guess it by looking at them but these decadent chocolate smoothie bowls are made with just fruit, nuts, and seeds. They’re also plant-based and dairy- and gluten-free — just in case your person wants to eat chocolate for breakfast (or any time of the day!)
Ooh, a subscription box!
Each month delivers two all-new micro-batch, single-origin chocolate bars plus a classic Raaka bar in flavors like Cranberry Oat Crunch, Sorrel Punch Swirl, and Gingersnap. Also good: The brand is all about transparent trade, so you can feel good about where the cacao came from.
Best for science geeks with a sweet tooth
These mesmerizing orbs — which each boast a different filling — are handcrafted from Belgian chocolate, so they’ll of course taste, y’know, out of this world. Whether you decide to accept that the collection is eight planets plus the sun (as the manufacturer says) or the Real Nine Planets (Pluto forever) is up to you and yours.
For those who scream for ice cream
Hershey’s squeeze bottle, this is not. What you’ve got here is a dense, ganache-like sauce with a cult following, made from European chocolate, fresh cream and butter, and zero synthetic chemicals or preservatives. Your person will prob want to save the cool jar too.
For the tea lovers
There’s a time for a meditative mug of matcha or a refined cup of English Breakfast. Then there’s a time for lying on the couch, sipping something sweet, and not thinking too much. That’s when this 24-pack — which includes very nontraditional tea flavors like Red Velvet Chocolate and Coconut Chocolate — comes in handy.
For the friend who loves Cinderella and Snow White
Nothing says “I love you” better than a box of four hand-piped (no plastic molds here!) chocolate mice. Nothing. After gifting this and watching your person squeak with delight, head over to the chocolatier’s website and read up on how the critters are made. (Each mouse takes THREE DAYS.)
Best sampler that’s not shaped like a heart
No hooks, lures, or bobbers in this tackle box. Just an assortment of delicious chocolate bites in a mix of creamy and crunchy textures that your person can dip into all month long. (Or devour in a day. Whatever!)
For the chocolate lover who wants it all
Truffles, cake, popcorn, malt balls, chocolate bars. Is your mouth watering? There’s so much chocolate in this treasure trove, maybe you can even convince your person to share.
For hot chocolate aficionados only
This box has everything your person needs to make real-deal Mexican hot chocolate, including Oaxacan hot chocolate mix, two handcrafted clay mugs, and a traditional wooden molinillo to mix the chocolate and make it frothy.
For friends who like food on sticks
Here’s another route to hot chocolate that requires almost no effort whatsoever. This six-pack has dark, milk, and vanilla white chocolate sticks made for the precise purpose of swirling into hot milk. Yum.
Sexier than chocolate body paint
Billed as an “arousing, nourishing, & decadent hot chocolate,” this adaptogenic cacao-mushroom hot chocolate powder may help get you and your person in the mood while hydrating your skin, boosting your immune system, and delivering inner harmony.
For the friend who likes their chocolate frozen
Looking for a vegan, plant-based, gluten- or dairy-free chocolate option? Satisfy your friend’s chocolate ice cream craving sans the dairy but with all the rich, creamy goodness.
Sweet and salty goodness
It’s just a really solid bag of chocolate-drizzled caramel corn, which anyone would benefit from right now. (Tip: Convince your person to share it with you by reminding them that eating the whole bag will def make them feel like garbage.)
For the social (media) butterfly
Whether it tastes good really isn’t the point — this one’s for putting on the internet to show off. But it’s handcrafted with Belgian dark and white chocolates and sprinkled with sea salt, so it’ll definitely be delicious.
It’s a classic for a reason, folks
The chocolate, graham cracker, and marshmallow combo is just as good sitting on the couch as an adult as it was at sleepaway camp at age 11. And since this kit makes 18 chocolaty sandwiches, your person will be set with nostalgic snacks for the rest of winter.
For the choco-venturer
With flavors like edamame sea salt and cayenne Veracruz orange, this chocolate tasting box is for all those who appreciate an intriguing combination. It also comes with a guide to help your person taste with all their senses.
Chocolate, but make it hygge
This hand-poured, chocolate-and-coffee-scented candle was designed to evoke the scent memory of Milwaukee’s Third Ward. But even if you’ve never been there, the sweet, roasty aroma and warm glow are pure comforts.
Best candles for a Black Forest chocolate cake
Make your person a fudgy Matilda-inspired cake and top it with chocolate candles that can also be gobbled up (and apparently designed for birthdays, but who cares?). Neither of you will forget this epicurean experience.
Best Band-Aid solution
Because whether the boo-boos are physical or emotional, chocolate always helps. Just don’t let your person attempt to put these on an actual injury, please.
Best way to choco-fy a spa day
Sometimes self-care means taking a break from sugary stuff. If your person is in one of those periods (or just likes their exfoliant to smell like dessert), get this.
For mocha fiends
There’s actually no coffee in these cans whatsoever. It’s just a 12-pack of primo chocolate milk that gets an extra jolt from premium cocoa and frothy nitrous oxide-infused moo juice. What’s not to love?
Best gift for a new flame
Yeah, these aren’t for everyone. But if your person is a heat fanatic, you know they’ll be into it. The box comes with 9 to 12 peppers dipped in top-quality Belgian chocolate and shipped straight to your door fast, so the jalapeños stay juicy and fresh.
Chocolate and chill
This hydrating chocolate-cake scented mask is made with real cocoa. It’s also cruelty-free and gold for anyone with a deep-seated desire to slather chocolate on their skin. But please, don’t eat it.
Best for all types of chocolate lovers
This truffled milk chocolate bar filled with crunchy popping candy is not astronaut food. But somehow you can’t look at it without thinking of the freeze-dried ice cream you had to buy from every single museum gift shop you visited as a kid. And for that, it’s a guaranteed gift win.