Photo by Jordan Shakeshaft
There’s no magic trick for working out without putting in any effort, but it is possible to get the same workout in a lot less time (minimal effort required). Try these tactics to pick up the pace:
- Use supersets (aka decrease rest time between sets). It’ll speed things up and may lead to a more effective strength training session.
- Try high-intensity interval training, like Tabata. As the name suggests, it’s definitely intense. But it can also provide an effective workout in under 10 minutes.
- Do compound lifts, like lunges and deadlifts. These work the whole body instead of isolated muscles.
- Run intervals instead of at slow and steady pace to fit in cardio in less time and in a smarter way.
- Read on for 16 more ways to exercise more efficiently…
The Takeaway: Try a new workout to cut down on gym time. Proper planning and locker room shortcuts can also help move things along.
This Year’s Must-Reads
We rounded up the top 60 health and fitness blogs you’ll want to keep coming back to all year long. With this bunch, you’ll have more than enough to keep you busy.
A whopping 60 percent of bloggers write just for fun.