In the past, we’ve challenged you to do a lot of good-for-you things, like eating clean dinners and shaking up your fitness routine. This time, the challenge comes in the form of a 7-minute HIIT workout.
The purpose is to push yourself as hard as possible during each move. You’ll perform 13 exercises for 30 seconds each with a 10-second break in-between. During the transition, mark down your score (more details on how to score below).
You might like
A little friendly competition never hurt anyone, and as you can see in the video, this workout is super fun to do with a friend. Plus, keeping score allows you to track your progress from week to week. Not in the mood to compete? That’s cool. Simply give it your all and forget about the points. Getting in a good workout is still a huge win.
You’ll need a chair and a wall for this one. An exercise mat and pen and paper to record your score are optional. Since this workout is only 7 minutes, it’s important to do a dynamic warm-up before you get started and to cool down afterward.
To recap: Make sure to warm up before and cool down after performing the workout. Perform each exercise for 30 seconds, with a 10 second rest in-between.
- Jumping Jack – 1 point for each rep
- Wall Sit – 1 point for each second completed
- Push-Up – 1 point for each rep
- Crunch (Wrists to Knees) – 1 point for each rep
- Chair Step-Up (Alternate)- 1 point for each rep
- Bodyweight Squat – 1 point for each rep
- Chair Triceps Dip – 1 point for each rep
- Plank – 1 point for each second completed
- High Knee Running – 1 point for each rep
- Forward Lunge (Alternate) – 1 point for each rep
- Push-Up to T pose – 1 point for each rep
- Side Plank Left – 1 point for each second completed
- Side Plank Right – 1 point for each second completed
Looking for more short and effective at-home workouts? Grokker has thousands of routines, so you’ll never get bored. Bonus: For a limited time, Greatist readers get 40 percent off Grokker Premium (just $9 per month) and their first 14 days free. Sign up now!