Anyone who’s had a urinary tract infection knows that not being able to pee without pain is a nightmare. There are many stages of realizing you have a UTI and attempting to cure it, and I think we can all agree that it remains one of the suckiest human experiences of all time.
1. I definitely have to pee.
I wouldn’t call it an emergency. Yet.
2. … but why does it burn when I pee?
Hopefully, this is just a terrible one-off.
3. Now I reallllly have to pee.
Again? So soon?
4. I’m not leaving this toilet ever again.
This is my home now.
5. So. much. pain.
This came on so suddenly.
6. I can barely walk.
Every step hurts.
7. Why is this happening to me?
I’m sorry for everything I’ve ever done.
8. I guess it’s time to pee in a cup.
Why is my urine so cloudy?
9. Is that… blood?!
Oh, hell no!
10. Make it stop.
I’m running out of toilet paper over here.
11. Give me all the cranberry juice in the world!
If it’s good enough for Leo’s fictional girlfriend, it’s good enough for me.
12. Maybe I can flush this thing out with water?
“Out, damned spot! Out, I say!”
13. Don’t come near me.
Don’t talk to me. Don’t even look at me.
14. I think I might be dying. I’m probably dying.
Between the bladder pain and my woozy head, I may not have much longer left.
15. Why do I still need to pee so bad?
And how do I have any pee left?
16. OK, I need a doctor.
Send someone urgently.
17. Medicate me!
I can’t fight this by myself. It’s time.
18. It feels as though nothing is working.
🙁 🙁 🙁
19. What is that weird, stringy thing in my pee?
That is legitimately disgusting.
20. I give up.
Just as quickly as it started… a few days of antibiotics later, and I can almost pee without extreme pain!
22. I can control my bladder once more.
Is this what happiness feels like?
23. It’s time to celebrate!
My urethra doesn’t burn when I pee. This is truly a glorious day.
24. It’s time to make some bad decisions!
But hopefully not so bad that I pee blood ever again.