We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Sheets are just sheets… until you’ve slept in the best of the best. Egyptian cotton sheets are famous for creating a luxury sleeping experience, but they can get pricey and the label “Egyptian cotton” doesn’t always mean high quality.
If you don’t know what you’re looking for, you could end up sleeping on something rough and heat-trapping (so, not restful.) We’re here to help you choose the best Egyptian cotton sheets to top your bed while staying under your budget.
What makes Egyptian cotton so special? Egypt is famous for its cotton with extra long fibers because it creates a thread that’s both soft and strong.
But when you’re sheet shopping, don’t just make your decision by seeing the word “Egyptian” on the label. Cotton grown in Egypt can also be of the shorter fiber/lower quality variety.
Instead, look for the words “long staple” or “extra long staple.” FYI: Egyptian cotton isn’t the only extra long staple cotton out there. Supima (or pima cotton) is the brand name for extra long staple cotton grown in the United States.
Keep in mind that a natural product like cotton sheets may be stiff at first and soften over time after you wash it a few times. Manufacturers recommend avoiding fabric softener, though, and drying your sheets on a cool setting.
Whether you’re into getting a high thread count or the biggest bang for your buck, we’ve got your covered with our list of the best Egyptian cotton sheets.
- Best overall: Thread Spread True Luxury Sheets
- Best for your budget: Thread Spread 600-thread-count sheets
- Best luxury: Comfy Sheets 100% Egyptian cotton sheets
- Best for thick mattresses: Mayfair Linen 100% Egyptian cotton sheets
- Best for color selection: Bishop 100% Egyptian Cotton sheets
- Best high thread count: Bluemoon Homes 100% Egyptian cotton sheets
Not ready to jump into bed with one of our top picks until you know a little more about them? Read on to find out why they made the cut.
For this guide, we looked at sheets sets fit for a queen (a queen-size bed, that is.)
$ = under $60
$$ = $60–$80
$$$ = over $80
1. Best overall: Thread Spread True Luxury sheets
Thread count: 1,000
This sheet set has a lot of things going for it. Not only is it made from 100 percent long-staple Egyptian cotton, it’s a sateen weave (sheet-speak for “smooth”), comes in 22 colors, and fits mattresses up to 18 inches deep.
Thread Spread True Luxury sheets are also certified Standard 100 by Oeko-Tex, which means it’s free from harmful substances.
2. Best for your budget: Thread Spread 600-thread-count sheets
Thread count: 600
At a lower price point, these sheets compare pretty well with our overall pick. By sheet standards, 600-thread-count (the number of threads in a square inch of fabric) is still pretty high. This set also fits a deep mattress, has a sateen weave, and is made from long-staple combed Egyptian cotton.
3. Best luxury: Comfy Sheets 100% Egyptian cotton sheets
Thread count: 1,000
Maybe you’ve stayed in a 4- or 5-star hotel and wondered what makes their sheets so dang luxurious? With this set, you can get that luxury at home, dahling.
The Comfy Sheets Egyptian cotton sheets boast a super-high thread count and deep pockets, ideal for your personal napping throne. These sheets also come in 20 color options for those who like to keep it classic white or go for a little personality.
4. Best for thick mattresses: Mayfair Linen 100% Egyptian cotton sheets
Thread count: 800
If you have a thick mattress, a pillow top, or use a mattress topper, you’ll appreciate the 18-inch deep fitted sheet. You don’t want those corners popping off in the middle of your beauty sleep, after all. This set also comes in lots of colors and has a 30-day full refund policy.
5. Best for color selection: Bishop 100% Egyptian cotton sheets
Thread count: 800
With 12 options, the range of colors available isn’t the most on our list, but the colors pop. From aqua and teal to sky and blush, this sheet set gives you bolder and brighter options than most. They’re still 100 percent Egyptian cotton and fit mattresses up to 15 to 17 inches deep.
6. Best high thread count: Bluemoon Homes 100% Egyptian cotton sheets
Thread count: 1,000
How do you like this for international luxury? The cotton is grown in Egypt, the sheets are made in India (in a Standard 100 Oeko-Tex certified factory), and they have an “Italian finish.”
These sheets get around. The Italian finish just means they’re woven to give you a feel that’s more crisp than the shiny sateen finish.
No single feature — like country of origin — can guarantee you a quality set of sheets, but Egypt is well-known for its long- and extra long-staple cotton, so we looked for sheet sets that were 100 percent Egyptian cotton. We also considered a few other important factors:
- OEKO-TEX certified manufacturers. We made sure our picks live up to the industry standard for producing textiles without harmful ingredients.
- Thread count. This can range from 200 to 1,000 threads per square inch, and generally high thread counts are considered higher quality. You might prefer a lower thread count depending on your personal taste (and touch), though, so it’s best to give it the feel test before you pay the big bucks.
- Finish. Some people prefer a sateen weave for silky luxury, but others like the crisp feel of a percale or Italian weave so we made sure to include options of all types.
- Price. You could spend thousands on bedding if that’s your jam, but if you’re picking from this list you won’t have to. We looked for quality sheets under $100 because everyone deserves a little luxury.
Egyptian cotton sheets have a reputation for being among the best quality you can buy. However, it’s not enough just to look for sheets made of cotton grown in Egypt. You should also consider the quality of that cotton, and other features like finish and price to find the best Egyptian cotton sheets for you.