Created for Greatist by the experts at Healthline. Read more
Here are samples of the widgets and other elements that are currently supported on the Greatist Post publishing platform. Healthline’s widgets are shown elsewhere.
NEW: Click and drag the hyperlinked text below into your bookmarks bar to give yourself an easy way to open any Healthline or Greatist article you’re looking at directly in Post.
Hannah Freedman is a writer and editor based in Brooklyn. You can follow her travel and beauty adventures at @hfreed11.
If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. How this works.
Is CBD Legal? Marijuana-derived CBD products are illegal on the federal level, but are legal under some state laws. Hemp-derived CBD products (with less than 0.3 percent THC) are legal on the federal level, but are still illegal under some state laws. Check your state’s laws and those of anywhere you travel. Keep in mind that nonprescription CBD products are not FDA-approved, and may be inaccurately labeled.
The safety and long-term health effects of using e-cigarettes or other vaping products still aren’t well known. In September 2019, federal and state health authorities began investigating an outbreak of a severe lung disease associated with e-cigarettes and other vaping products. We’re closely monitoring the situation and will update our content as soon as more information is available.
To include a small image on the right or left and have text wrap around it, do the following:
- Insert an Image block
- Add the desired image via the Media Library.
- From the menu above, select the “Align Left” (or Right, as desired) format.
- Click on the image to select it. You’ll know it’s selected when there are blue dots at the side and bottom of the image boundary.
- With the image still selected, from the right-hand nav bar, under Image Settings, select 50%.
You might like
Use “You Might Like” in the Label field. Search Article pulls up a list of possibilities. When you select the article, the thumbnail associated with it automatically populates the image slot on the left.
Should have a quote on top and an attribution (whoever said the quote) below. The attribution section is currently broken, as seen below
Note that the Write Citation (attribution) field is not yet supported at frontend.
List block is used to input either bulleted or numbered lists. They can work well preceded by a heading, too.
The General Standout block is an all-purpose widget. You can view it as a “widget of widgets,” in the sense that it’s a block that can contain just about every other kind of block Post has. A few examples are below.
General Standout Block
General Standout blocks are very useful for the common need for a widget that can contain many other block types – headers, paragraphs, lists, even images (see below).
- List item 1
- List item 2
- List item 3
Exercising your corgi
When your corgi needs exercise, there are a few important things to keep in mind.
- Ensure they are well fed and hydrated before starting the session.
- Give them a full body massage beforehand and plan to repeat after.
- Keep plenty of bacon treats on hand to ensure they have a positive association with exercise.
- Limit sessions to 5 minutes.
The Pro-Con Widget was originally designed to summarize the positives and negatives of a treatment, practice, supplement, medication, etc. The Pro-Con block can be used with both a Pro and a Con, only a Pro, or only a Con. In any case, the Pro title gets a check-mark and the Con title gets an X.
If you have only one or the other, or don’t want the check-mark or X, other options would be General Standout block or a List block.
Pros of eating coffee beans
- They contain antioxidants: Coffee beans contain chlorogenic acids, which may help prevent heart disease.
- They are high in fiber.
- They pack a big caffeine punch.
Cons of eating coffee beans
- Coffee beans can cause heartburn in those who are sensitive to acidic foods.
- They may increase the production of “bad” (LDL) cholesterol.
- They can have a marked laxative effect in some people.