Sometimes all it takes is a change in mindset — no matter how small — to turn a crappy day into a good one. To help you shift into a happier gear, we’ve rounded up five things from around the web that inspire and delight us, and we hope they’ll do the same for you. We share our favorite happiness-boosters each week, so be sure to check back — and share your own in the comments below!
1. This video of a cat in a shark costume chasing a duck while riding a roomba
If for some reason this video doesn’t make you laugh, it will make you question the bounds of human absurdity.
2. This story about a dog who jumped between his owner and a rattlesnake, receiving the bite on his owner’s behalf(the dog was okay)
The chihuaha-poodle mix’s name is “Psycho.” Either he lives up to the moniker, or he’s pretty darn sane after all.
3. This picture of a (nearly) blind King Charles spaniel and her German Shepherd seeing eye dog
Ellie may not have her sight, but she’s got a friend in Leo.
4. This story about a boy with cancer who was given a giant Lego playhouse courtesy of the Make-a-Wish Foundation
5. This discovery of the first carnivorous species in the Western Hemisphere found in the last 35 years
The onlinguito may be a fierce (er, kind of) carnivore, but that doesn’t stop it from looking cuddly as all get out.
What’s making you happy this week? Share in the comments below!