Welcome to the cycle of GWODs programmed by Chris Freytag! Chris is bringing you the next two months of workouts, and we're excited to hear what you think. Have any questions or comments? Drop us a line: gwod [at] greatist.com!
Want more from Chris? Follow her on Twitter!
It's officially the holidays — make your workout short, intense, and effective!
IF YOU WORK OUT 2 OR 4 DAYS A WEEK
Start with a 5-minute dynamic warmup:
· Back rolls 30 sec
· Arm circles – 30 sec
· Gate swings (for hips) 30 sec
· Straight leg kicks 30 sec
· Jog it out 3 min
Then, do all 6 exercises below for 20 reps each in a row with as little rest as possible in between. Go for 20 or 30 minutes depending on fitness level.
· Do “As Many Rounds As Possible”
· End with 3 minute cool down
*challenge yourself with the proper dumbbells, go heavier when you can as long as your form doesn't suffer. Modify when needed (ie: pushups on knees).
**2-3 rounds will be approx. 20 minutes, 3-4 rounds will be approx. 30 minutes.
1. Plie squats with Upright Row
2. Tricep Overhead Presses-add balance on one leg
3. Reverse Lunges, Reverse Flys
4. Chest Flys on your back- add legs in and out (core muscles)
5. Dolphin Dives (forearm plank position)
6. Bicycle Abs
IF YOU WORK OUT 3 DAYS A WEEK