Welcome to the cycle of GWODs programmed by Chris Freytag! Chris is bringing you the next month of workouts, and we're excited to hear what you think. Have any questions or comments? Drop us a line: gwod [at] greatist.com!
This week is all about fast-paced bodyweight circuit training.
It helps to have a timer to be accurate with the intervals. I use the Tabata Pro App on my iPhone or iPad, which costs about $2.99, and set it for 10 segments of 1 minute's work and 15 seconds' rest.
IF YOU WORK OUT 2 or 4 DAYS A WEEK
If you work out 3 days a week
Perform each exercise for one minute, rest for 15 seconds, then move onto the next.
- Alternating prisoner reverse lunges
- Diamond pushups
- Alternating front lunge with a punch (If you're lunging with the right leg, punch with the left hand, and vice versa)
- Forearm plank with marching feet
- Lateral shuffles
- Chair squats (keep the legs together and lift the arms straight up, similar to the chair pose in yoga)
- Plank (start with straight arms, then change to a forearm plank, change back to straight arms, etc.)
- Froggie Crunches
- Scissors Abs
Rest for one to two minutes. Repeat the entire circuit twice.
Cool down and stretch.