I bought a lamb roast with no idea what to do with it. I searched my spice books and found a Tunissian spice mix called Qalat daqqa. Sounded intriguing. Now I search for lamb roasts.by
- Yields: Depends on size of roast
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: +/- 1 Hour depends on size of roast
- Active: 5 minutes
- Lamb Roast (or leg of lamb?)
- 2 tsp black peppercorn
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp grains of paradise (an Old World black pepper type spice. I used black pepper)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp grated nutneg
- Combine spices and rub on the lamb.
- I Googled lamb cooking instructions and followed the oven temp and lamb doness temp. recommendations.
- Interesting Note: Qalat daqqa is also recommended as a spice mix for winter squashes, eggplant, spinach, chickpeas, and other legumes.