This make-at-home version of a coffee-shop pumpkin spice latte gets bonus points for using actual pumpkin, plus it’s spiked with rum. Plan ahead and make a batch of Homemade Pumpkin Spice Liqueur. When it’s ready, brew some coffee, add the liqueur, and top with a dollop of brown-sugar whipped cream and freshly grated nutmeg. Serve steaming in mugs with Spiced Pumpkin-Pecan Pancakes to reach pumpkin brunch critical mass.
For a classic non-alcoholic version, get our Homemade DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe.
- Yield: 4 drinks
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 mins
- Active: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed dark brown sugar
- 20 ounces hot brewed coffee (2 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces Homemade Pumpkin Spice Liqueur
- Whole nutmeg, for grating
- Chill a medium bowl and a hand whisk in the freezer for 10 minutes. Add the cream and sugar to the bowl and whisk until medium peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Place 5 ounces of the coffee and 2 ounces of the liqueur in each of 4 (8-ounce) heatproof glasses or mugs and stir to combine. Divide the whipped cream among the drinks and grate nutmeg over the cream.