You’re going to love this recipe for a couple of reasons, but our favorite thing about it is that you get to make little tinfoil boats to hold all the ingredients. No art experience required. Our second favorite thing is that you only need one pan, one oven, and one bowl. How’s that for an easy meal? This makes two servings so have one for dinner tonight and save the other for lunch tomorrow. Sometimes it tastes even better on the second day after the dressing has soaked in.
Sheet-Pan Macro Bowl
Recipe by: Jamie Webber
Makes: 2 servings
Ready in: 40 minutes
1cup chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted (very) dry
6 kale leaves, stem removed and made into bite-size pieces
1/2 zucchini, sliced into rounds
1 red pepper, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 sweet potato, cubed
1 teaspoon cumin
Sea salt, to taste
4 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Create three tinfoil boats and place onto sheet pan.
3. In one boat, add chickpeas; in another, add the kale; and in the last one, place the remaining vegetables.
4. Sprinkle cumin over the chickpeas and add sea salt to all of the ingredients.
5. Drizzle everything with olive oil and lightly toss.
6. Roast and be sure to remove each ingredient after the specific time period and set aside:
- At 5 minutes: Remove kale and add to bowl.
- At 25 minutes: Remove zucchini, pepper, onion, and sweet potato, and add on top of kale.
- At 35 minutes: Remove chickpeas and add to the other veggies in the bowl.
7. Drizzle tahini and lemon juice over bowl and toss until well combined.