This recipe is presented by Eggland’s Best.
Salt, pepper, mayonnaise, and paprika don’t always cut it when it comes to deviled eggs.
Using fresh, refrigerated salsa gives the egg yolk filling a zesty zing that makes this picnic staple more exciting. If you’re not making your own salsa, look for fresh, pre-made salsa in your grocery store’s deli section. Mild, medium, or hot: It’s your choice.
And sour cream lends a more Southwestern-style creaminess.
- Yields: 12 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 mins
- Active: 30 mins
For the filling:
- 6 Eggland’s Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh salsa, drained, if necessary
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
For the topping:
- 2 teaspoons fresh salsa, refrigerated
- fresh cilantro, if desired, chopped
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove the egg yolks; place the yolks into a bowl.
- Place the egg whites aside.
- Mash the yolks with a fork. Add 3 tablespoons of salsa and sour cream; mix well.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of egg yolk mixture into each egg white half.
- Top each egg with about a 1/2 teaspoon salsa and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate the eggs until serving time or up to 24 hours.