A delightful, fruity summer beverage. I modified this recipe from Martha.
- Yields: 10-12 drinks
- Difficulty: Medium
- Total: 45 minutes
- Active: 30 minutes
- 4 cups fresh berries/fruit, I used strawberries and rhubarb
- 1 piece fresh 3 inch ginger, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- club soda
- pomegranate liqueur
- Bring fruit, ginger, and water to a simmer in a large pot. Cook until fruit is soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly, then strain through a cheesecloth-lined sieve into a large saucepan, pressing on fruit. Discard fruit. Add sugar and taste, adding more as needed to reach desired sweetness.
- Put juice mixture back on the stove and bring to a simmer until sugar dissolves. Add mint and continue cooking until reduced to a light syrup, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely. Discard mint. Transfer syrup to sterilized bottles or airtight containers. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 months.
- Pour 1 part saft, 1 part liqueur, 2 parts club soda over ice. Add a sprig of mint and you’ve got yourself a tasty beverage.