A friend of mine showed me how to make these, I just slightly altered them for a little bit better flavor and taste. These potatoes not only smell wonderful when cooking, they taste wonderful as well. The best thing about them, they are crazy easy to make and a great side dish! (or main if your not looking for something too healthy). I cant cook but can somehow manage to pull these off and everyone loves them. Great along side salads, casseroles or anything else you can think of. I have never measured any of this out but will do my best.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 60 minutes
- Active: 20-25 minutes
- One 5lb bag RED potatoes (May or may not use entire bag, depending on size of potatoes)
- 2 Sticks Butter (or margerine)
- Dill (Dried)
- 1 Bulb fresh garlic
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Container of Kraft 7 oz Shredded Parmesean Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean potatoes and remove any impurities, do not skin. Cut about 3/4 bag of potatoes into about eighths (cut in half, then in quarters, and one more time in 1/8ths). If the 1/8ths are long (a big potatoe), cut the pieces into half. Set in a cookie sheet/pan to cover bottom, depending on how much you are cooking for. Be sure to not stack potatoes on top of eachother as they will not soak up ‘sauce’.
- In microwave save bowl, melt 1-2 sticks butter. (Less potatoes 1-1/2 sticks butter, more potatoes, 2+ sticks butter.
- After butter is melted, squeeze the 2 lemons in melted butter (estimate 1 lemon per 1 stick of butter), add garlic chopped into fine pieces (use more or less, depending on how garlicy you would like the potatoes, 3/4 of entire bulb is about right), add alot of dill, and a little rosemary and mix well. Dill will cover concoction completely (it will float). (If you put your finger in and taste it will taste a little tangy), you really cant go too wrong with the dill as the main spice, just dont put the entire container of the herb in it.
- Make sure butter is completely melted and pour the mixture over the potatoes that are in the pan and mix well with CLEAN bare hands to make sure all potatoes are covered very well. Smooth back out on pan so they cover entire bottom of pan. Salt & Pepper slightly to taste, dont let pepper be over bearing and remember lemon & dill is tangy, so less salt is needed. Finish by sprinkling entire container of shredded parmesean over potatoes to cover them.
- Place in oven for 30-35 minutes and let bake. Edges will be slightly to darker browned. Take out when potoatoes are are just turning brown. Be sure if your oven cooks hotter towards back to turn cookie sheet accordingly so potatoes are cooked evenly.
- Take out when desired crunchiness or softness has occured and serve! Max time should be no more than 35 minutes.