That’s right, just four ingredients produces a sandy, chewy, rich cookie with strong peanut/coconut flavor. I developed this recipe seeking a cookie that would taste like the Atkinson Candy company’s Chick-O-Stick, and I succeeded.
- Yields: 14 2.5 inch cookies
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 25 minutes
- Active: 10-13 minutes
- 1 cup peanut butter, any kind
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut (unsweetened is better but sweet will work)
- 1 egg
- Mix the peanut butter with the sugar and coconut in a small bowl.
- Crack the egg into the bowl and beat it into the peanut butter mixture.
- Roll mixture into 1.5 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper).
- Make a criss-cross pattern on top with a fork, pressing first one way, then perpendicular to the first set of lines. In between each pass, dip fork in water or flour to keep it from sticking.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until cookies are puffy and still soft on top, but not runny.