This cake doesn’t require any intricate steps or complex baking techniques. Just whip up some Rice Krispies Treats mixture, press it into molds, and use the results as building blocks for a unique cake.
Special equipment: For molds you can use baking pans, boxes, mixing bowls, plastic storage containers, or whatever you can think of. Just make sure the molds are clean. Line them with waxed paper, then lightly coat the waxed paper with nonstick cooking spray.
Game plan: After you have removed the mixture from the molds, stack them any way you like and decorate with your favorite candies, like jelly beans or M&M’s (you can even order custom-printed M&M’s on the web). Use store-bought royal icing (a sugar-and-egg-white glaze) to adhere the candies to the cake.
See also our classic Rice Krispie Treat recipe.
- Yield:12 – 14 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 mins
- Active: 20 mins plus decorating
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 pound mini marshmallows
- 8 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- In a large pot, heat the butter over low heat until melted. Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until melted and thoroughly combined with the butter. Turn off the heat.
- Stir the cereal into the marshmallow mixture, mixing until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or buttered waxed paper, press the mixture into molds. Let cool.
- Remove the cakes from molds, stack them, and decorate as desired.