Zucchini noodles are a favorite in the raw food world. The veggie has a neutral taste (especially if you decide to peel it), taking on the flavor of whatever sauce you dress it in. (We recommend Italian.) Below is a light noodle recipe that can be tossed easily in one bowl. To prepare zucchini noodles, use a vegetable spiralizer or use a hand peeler to turn them into linguini-style ribbons.
- 2zucchini, spiralized or peeled into ribbons
- 2Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2small bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped olives
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl, adding salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Raw and Simple Detox by Judita Wignall.