Whole grains and leafy greens are two highly praised ingredients that we know are super good for our bodies. But sometimes they’re so boring. This recipe solves that problem, using a healthy dose of garlic and a sprinkle of cheese to amp up the flavor.
- 2 cups whole-wheat rigatoni or fusilli pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 head small radicchio, chopped
- 4 1/2-5 ounces baby arugula
- 1zucchini, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4-6canned artichokes, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons shaved pecorino Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Add radicchio and arugula. Stir, letting greens cook down for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add garlic, artichokes, and remaining tablespoon olive oil if needed. Sauté for about 5 more minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and mix well. Add cheese and stir to combine. Season with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.