It's hard to become bored with hummus, but every once in a while it's fun to put a twist on the original recipe. White beans are smoother than chickpeas, and basil brings a lightness to the dish—and a delicious aroma.
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Handful fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- Blend all ingredients except basil in a food processor until smooth, about 3 minutes, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Garnish with additional basil leaves, olive oil, and freshly ground black pepper.