This salad is a knockout, both in looks and taste. Bitter endives are mellowed out by salty feta, sweet honey, and walnuts, which may reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and are a good source of alpha-linolenic acid, the omega-3 with heart benefits. The dish is filling enough to be a meal, or try serving the walnuts and feta mixed with dressing in the endive leaves as an appetizer.
- Handful walnuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-2endives, chopped
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread walnuts on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Toast in oven for 7 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Place endives in a separate bowl. Pour vinaigrette on top and add walnuts. Toss lightly.
- Add feta and fold mixture once more.