When Thursday night hits and the week has drained all your energy, this healthy, easy, and comforting meal is the perfect thing. Taking the "fried" out of "fried rice,"it's ready in 10 minutes and full of good-for-you veggies and topped with an egg for some protein.
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 eggs
- Cheese (shredded cheddar or Parmesan work well)
- In a large frying pan, sauté zucchini, tomatoes, beans, and rice in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When rice begins to stick, add broth and cook until tomatoes wilt and zucchini begins to brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare eggs in a separate nonstick pan to desired preparation (scrambled, sunny side up, or poached work well).
- Serve rice mixture in bowls, and top with eggs, cheese, and some freshly ground pepper.