This gazpacho is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. The slight twang and bright sunny sweetness of the peaches along with the juicy, subtle sweetness from the tomatoes and a hint of spicy tarragon compliment each other in an unexpectedly delicious way. Be sure to use fully ripe peaches and tomatoes to get the most flavor out of your gazpacho. For even more flavor, make your gazpacho one day before you’re planning to serve. Recipe adapted from Gourmet.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 4 ripe peaches, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- In a blender, combine 3 tomatoes, 3 peaches, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, tarragon, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 1 minute. Using a rubber spatula or a spoon, push mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl. Discard leftover solids.
- Dice remaining tomato and peach, and stir into gazpacho with onion. Season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.